Here’s a recipe that I made a few days ago for a BBQ potluck that my friends had. Potato salads are perfect for BBQs but the traditional ones contain alot of mayo. This one is fully vegan and made from all whole ingredients! And if you eat eggs, adding some chopped egg in there would be really good to!
Ingredients – makes 6 servings, perfect for a big potluck
- 3 large handfuls of yellow baby potatoes
- 2 small avocados or 1 large avocado
- 2 stalks celery
- 1-2 sprigs dill
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Chop the potatoes into bite size pieces (1-1/2 inch cubes). You can also use a regular potato instead of baby potatoes and just cut those into smaller cubes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add the potatoes. Boil for ~10 minutes until they are soft enough to bite but not too soft or else your salad will turn into mush!
- Drain the potatoes and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Finely chop the celery and dill.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both mustards and maple syrup until combined.
- Add chunk of avocado to the sauces and mix until desired consistency. I under mixed mine so I would still have large avo chunks.
- Add celery, dill, and sauce to the cooled potatoes. Mix well.